Personal Information Management(Protection) Policy
1) Korea Leaders Information Network (hereinafter referred to as “K-LINK”) attaches great importance to your personal information. In accordance with [Personal Information Management(Protection) Policy of Korea Leaders Information Network], K-LINK is safely managing all types of information you are providing.
2) K-LINK posts [Personal Information Protection Policy of K-LINK] in the web site for you to refer to anytime you desire.
Article 1 (Information Collection and Purpose of Usage)
1) K-LINK is collecting a minimized level of information, which is aiming to manage members to verify identifications for membership services.
2) K-LINK uses your information to meet the following purpose;
- - to distinguish individual
- - to prevent misbehaving members from using services improperly and prevent unauthorized use of services
- - to confirm intention of membership application
Article 2 (Items of Personal Information Collected)
The following information shall be collected to verify member’s application and provide optimized services:
- Required Items: family name and first name, password, email address (address, contact information (telephone number or mobile phone number, fax number), nationality, name of the organization, type of the organization, department
* Member has the right to refuse providing his/her personal information. However, if member rejects to give his/her consent, there may be some restrictions on providing K-LINK service.
Article 3 (Duration of Retaining and Using Personal Information)
K-LINK retain information to achieve following purposes until the member withdraws one’s membership.
1) To send out KLINK Webzines via email to all registered members 2) to make official statistics on KLINK Program like how many people from which countries have participated; 3) to maintain cooperation between participants and KLINK for future business opportunities.
Retained Items: Family name and first name; email address, contact information (telephone number or mobile phone number, fax number); nationality, name of the organization, type of the organization, department.
Article 4 (Providing and Sharing Personal Information)
The received information to K-LINK is prohibited to be opened to the public or used for the purposes which are not agreed by the member.
Only if the member agreed to provide information, it could given to other public institutions and government agencies (such as KOICA, KOTRA, KOEXIM, NIA and UNESCAP) when requested in accordance with the regulations in the Basic Act on Telecommunications and other related laws in Korea. The information given to third parties will be maintained for about a year, and immediately deleted after accomplishing the original purposes.
Provided items: family name and first name, password, email address (address, contact information (telephone number or mobile phone number, fax number), nationality, name of the organization, type of the organization, department.
* Member has the right to refuse providing his/her personal information to the third parties. However, if member rejects to give his/her consent, there may be some restrictions on providing K-LINK service.
Article 5 (Process and Method of Deleting Personal Information)
K-LINK, in principle, delete and destroy Personal Information immediately after the purpose of collection and use of such information is accomplished, or membership withdrawal. Personal Information is expired by the following process and method;
- Process of deleting and destroying: personal information shall be deleted and destroyed immediately after retention purpose is achieved.
- Method of deletion and destruction: Personal Information that is documented in paper shall be shredded or incinerated; Personal Information that is electronically stored in file format shall be deleted using technological method in which the deleted data cannot be restored.
Article 6 (Rights of Subject of Information)
A subject of information has the following rights in connection with the management of his/her personal information.
1) A right to receive information concerning the management of personal information
2) A right to choose and decide on whether he/she consents to the management of his/her personal information
3) A right to verify whether personal information is managed and to request an inspection of personal information
Article 7 (Countermeasure to protect information)
K-LINK is seeking for the following technological counter measures to ensure safety and prevent leakage, theft, loss, forgery or damage of information in handling your information.
1) It blocks any access from external sources to protect against information leakage by hacking attempts and installs an invasion detecting system to monitor external threats to information.
2) It regularly backs up all data to prevent damage of information, which might be caused by internal system errors.
Article 8 (Administrator in charge of information management)
K-LINK designate Personal Information manager to protect the Personal Information of the number and process complaints regarding such information. Please contact to the below Personal Information manager or Personal Information administrator in case that you have any question regarding Personal Information of the member.
- Personal Information manager : Park, Kwang Jin / Executive Vice President (Management Planning Group), email@example.com
- Personal Information administrator : Chelsea Han / Researcher (Global business Development Team), firstname.lastname@example.org