1) Korea Leaders Information Network (hereinafter referred to as “K-LINK”) attaches great importance to your personal information. In accordance with [Personal Information Management(Protection) Policy of Korea Leaders Information Network], K-LINK is safely managing all types of information you are providing.
2) K-LINK posts [Personal Information Protection Policy of K-LINK] in the web site for you to refer to anytime you desire.Article 1 (Information Collection and Purpose of Usage)
1) K-LINK is collecting a minimized level of information, which is aiming to manage members to verify identifications for membership services.
2) K-LINK uses your information to meet the following purpose;
* Member has the right to refuse providing his/her personal information. However, if member rejects to give his/her consent, there may be some restrictions on providing K-LINK service.Article 2 (Duration of Retaining and Using Personal Information)
K-LINK retain information to achieve following purposes until the member withdraws one’s membership.
1) To send out KLINK Webzines via email to all registered members; 2) to make official statistics on KLINK Program like how many people from which countries have participated; 3) to maintain cooperation between participants and KLINK for future business opportunities. Retained Items: given(first) name, surname(last) name, nationality, organization, department/division, job title/position, email, sub email, mobile and business phone etc.Article 3 (Providing Information to third Parties)
K-LINK will not reveal the personal information to any third parties without members’ consent. Once the member agreed to provide the information, it will be proceeded in a following way.
Receiver(the third parties): Public institutions and government agencies like KOICA, KOTRA, KOEXIM, NIA and UNESCAP Purposes: Requested in accordance with the regulations in the Basic Act on Telecommunications and other related laws in Korea.
Providing Items: given(first) name, surname(last) name, nationality, organization, department/division, job title/position, email, sub email, mobile and business phone etc.
Given Period: Generally one year; the file will be deleted immediately after the completion of requested purposes.Article 4 (Providing and Sharing Personal Information)
The received information to K-LINK is prohibited to be opened to the public or used for the purposes which are not agreed by the member.
Only if the member agreed to provide information, it could given to other public institutions and government agencies when requested in accordance with the regulations in the Basic Act on Telecommunications and other related laws in Korea. The information given to third parties(system maintenance company:wizilearn) will be maintained for about a year(2019.12.21), and immediately deleted after accomplishing the system maintenance.
Provided items: given(first) name, surname(last) name, nationality, organization, department/division, job title/position, email, sub email, mobile and business phone etc.
* Member has the right to refuse providing his/her personal information to the third parties. However, if member rejects to give his/her consent, there may be some restrictions on providing K-LINK service.Article 5 (The rights and obligations of data subjects and legal representatives, and how to exercise the rights)
1) As the subject of the personal information, a user is entitled to request access to their personal information, correction of any errors, deletion of information, suspension of his/her own personal information processing with the National IT Industry Promotion Agency.
2) The rights referred to in paragraph 1 above may be exercised by completing Form 8 of the Enforcement Rule of the Personal Information Protection Act and submitting to the Agency as a hard copy or by email or facsimile(FAX). The National IT Industry Promotion Agency will immediately take action upon receipt of such request.
- email : email@example.com
- FAX : 043-931-5529
3) The rights referred to in pragraph 1 above may be exercised by a legal agent or an authorized representative or the user themselves. In such a case, power of attorney as provided in Form 11 of the Enforcement Regulation of the Personal Information Protection Act must be submitted to the Agency.
4) Where a user requests permission to inspect his/her personal information or requests the Agency to suspend handling personal information, his/her rights may be limited in the following cases under Article 35 (5) or 37 (2) of the Personal Information Protection Act.
5) No user may request the City to delete his/her personal information where such personal information is clearly specified as information subject to collection under any statute.
6) Upon receipt of a request to inspect, correct, or delete personal information or a request to suspend handling personal information, the National IT Industry Promotion Agency will verify whether the requesting person is the actual user or his/her legitimate representative.Article 6 (Items of Personal Information Collected)
The following information shall be collected to verify member’s application and provide optimized services:
- Required Items: given(first) name, surname(last) name, nationality, organization, department/division, job title/position, email, sub email, mobile and business phone etc.
* Member has the right to refuse providing his/her personal information. However, if member rejects to give his/her consent, there may be some restrictions on providing K-LINK service.Article 7 (Process and Method of Deleting Personal Information)
K-LINK, in principle, delete and destroy Personal Information immediately after the purpose of collection and use of such information is accomplished, or membership withdrawal. Personal Information is expired by the following process and method;
- Process of deleting and destroying: personal information shall be deleted and destroyed immediately after retention purpose is achieved.
- Method of deletion and destruction: Personal Information that is documented in paper shall be shredded or incinerated; Personal Information that is electronically stored in file format shall be deleted using technological method in which the deleted data cannot be restored.Article 8 (Countermeasure to protect information)
K-LINK is seeking for the following technological counter measures to ensure safety and prevent leakage, theft, loss, forgery or damage of information in handling your information.
1) It blocks any access from external sources to protect against information leakage by hacking attempts and installs an invasion detecting system to monitor external threats to information.
2) It regularly backs up all data to prevent damage of information, which might be caused by internal system errors.Article 9 (Matters Relating to Installation, Operation and Refusal of Automatic Personal Information Collection Devices)
1) K-LINK utilizes a “cookie”, etc. to frequently store and search for user’s information.
2) Cookies are very small text files that a server used for operation a website sends to a user’s browser and are stored at the user’s computer hard disk driver.
o Purposes of using cookie ; Analyzing frequency and time of users’ visits, Understanding users’ preferences and interested areas and tracking trails and participation in, the number of visits to various events, and providing personally tailored services based on the foregoing, etc.
o Users have an option to install cookies. Tool button on the upper part of the web browser > Internet Option > Personal Information Tab > Change level of privacy
o If a user rejects the installation of cookies, he/she may experience difficulties in using our services.Article 10 (Administrator in charge of information management)
K-LINK designate Personal Information manager to protect the Personal Information of the number and process complaints regarding such information. Please contact to the below Personal Information manager or Personal Information administrator in case that you have any question regarding Personal Information of the member.
- Personal Information manager: Cho, yu Jin / Vice President (Management Support Division), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Information administrator : Kim, Kum mi / Deputy Manager(Cyber Security Team), email@example.comArticle 11 (Contact Information of Chief Privacy Officer and Responsible Department)
Responsible Department for Handling Grievances Regarding Personal Information
o Reservation Center (privacy.kisa.or.kr) : Tel 118
o National Police Agency Cyber Bureau (cyberbureau.police.go.kr) : Tel 182
(June 18, 2019) Article 10, Updated contact information of manager and administrators.